Our client is a medtech company focused on the manufacturing and commercialization of platform technologies including endoscopic imaging systems, devices and infection control products and pathology services for specialists diagnosing and treating a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions, including colon cancer. Our client leverages its direct sales organization to serve more than 2,500 customers in the United States and works with distribution partners in 25 countries.
The Territory Manager (TM) will report to the Regional Sales Manager and support the respective region by expanding sales of single-use products, scope services, pathology and other products. The TM will be directly responsible for driving sales to maximize territory growth, including the conversion of competitive products & services in a manner that is commensurate with sales direction and company policy.
- 3+ yrs B2B sales exp. in Medical disposables; selling to physicians
- Proven experience as an individual contributor, exceeding sales quotas
- Consistent growth and advancement in aligned career path
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in science, business, or marketing
- 2 years selling capital equipment (highly preferred)
- In this role, the TM must understand and demonstrate proper use of our products to physicians. The TM must also exhibit the ability to handle customer product & service questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology. Additionally, the TM is expected to execute the selling cycle in a manner that is concise, professional, ethical and adhering to healthcare compliance guidelines, which leads the customer to action.
ESSENTIAL SALES COMPETENCIES
Performance will be assessed based on established sales competencies and sales results. Competencies essential for this role include:
- Business Planning – Optimizes territory planning to prioritize and drives sound business decisions
- Results Focus – Focuses daily activity on exceeding sales objectives
- Customer Engagement – Builds strong relationships by focusing on the customers’ needs
- Bias for Action – Anticipates obstacles and takes necessary actions to overcome them
- Teamwork – Promotes key internal partnerships to drive business results
- Expertly represents the organization – Represents self as a sales professional
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Protect current customer base business while growing portfolio footprint in single use products, scope services, pathology and other products
- Prepares territory business plan and targeting prioritization
- Utilizes all available sales tools and resources to support selling efforts and target prioritization
- Conducts sales presentations for clinical and non-clinical stakeholders
- Demonstration of product and procedural knowledge as it relates to client portfolio of products
- Conducts customer education and/or in-services on the proper use of client’s products
- Consistently communicates with teammates and business partners
- Supports key customer, society and industry events
- Ability to stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds routinely
- Understand and apply warehouse and inventory control procedures in accordance with company policy
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises, and make impromptu decisions
- Good oral and written communication skills
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3 years outside sales experience is required (medical device sales experience is strongly preferred)
- Ability to work in a hospital/operating room environment is required
- Willingness to travel up to 40% depending on geography is required
- A valid drivers license and a clean driving record is required
- Applicants must currently reside in the posted territory or be willing to relocate at their own expense
- On-target earnings range from $143,000 to $228,000.
- The commission plan is uncapped and the base / commission split is 40% / 60%. It is a 5 tier structure and the employees’ experience and current earnings will be considered when determining which tier they start in.
- Typically, a TM joins in Tier 2 or 3 and can expect to earn between $150k – $180k in their first year. There is a commission guarantee for the first 6 months and commission is paid monthly.
- In addition, they receive a $600 per month car allowance and up to $100 cell phone reimbursement.
- The typical career path for a TM is to move to Regional Sales Manager following the additional responsibilities of Field Sales Training and possible Sales Training Manager.
- Work remote 100%
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.