Our client offers a fun place for the inquisitive. The client has been awarded three years in a row for being a Top 5000 Fastest Growing companies in the nation. They offer their employees an environment where you get to be yourself, free snacks and soft drinks. The client promotes laughing out loud and laughing often.
The client’s belief is that they give people flexibility with accountability. You can be as creative as you want to be while performing your work It’s o.k. to go against the ordinary. To be original.
Let’s start with some comments about a candidate that we found to be an A+ fit for our role and our culture. This should help create a profile in your mind:
- CANDIDATE can lead and also be great mentor for teaching design
- Very strong candidate and we definitely should hire him
- Definitely, a big picture CANDIDATE which is great that he can understand complex concepts at a glance.
- Great breadth of experience including very high frequency switching. Well spoken and personable. High energy. Interested in doing challenging things and getting them into production.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Design analysis, modeling, DFM, prototype dev., qual, safety/REL cert
- Proficiency with schematic editor and PCB layout, simulation tool ex: Spice
- Design Schematic and BOM; Work with layout team for LED driver layouts
- 10+ yrs. professional experience with at 5+ years exp. in elec. eng.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a true senior level electrical/power EE position. Anything lower will most likely be rejected. Cultural fit is critical.
They will be working with the ME team, Technicians, Product, and Program Managers. They will be heavily relied on to take the lead as an Electrical / Power EE on certain programs. They need to present well, be a good communicator.
- The right candidate will adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution and possess a good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges. Candidate must also possess knowledge of high volume manufacturing technologies and production variance.
- We want someone to come in and roll up their sleeves and troubleshoot, so a hands-on lab worker is a must along with deep knowledge of offline conversion topologies including Flyback, Buck, PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops.
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of-the-art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques.
- The Sr. Electrical Engineer will lead in core architecture investigation with the power architect and determine the best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost and scalability.
– Design analysis, modeling, DFM, prototype development, qualification, safety/REL certifications – Design simulation, calculations and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome – Design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned and proof of concepts – Design Schematic and BOM; Work with layout team for LED driver layouts – Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams – Prototype tests & validation results and document multi-dimensional activities – Keep up-to-date on state-of-the-art technologies – Competitive benchmarking for each project – Troubleshoot design and production issues
- Salary range $135,000 – $140,000
- Performance Bonus $10k -$15K
- 100% employer paid medical for employee and family
- 10 Vacation Days
- 2 Floating Holidays
- Stock Options
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.