Our client partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. They serve more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. The assist decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Our client is currently in need of an experienced Sales Executive with military sales experience in the DC area. The Sales Executive’s main responsibility is maximizing profitable company sales revenue of company by identifying, qualifying, negotiating, and closing new business to exceed sales targets. Ideal candidates are Sales professionals having demonstrated success cold calling on senior decision makers in the United States Military Market by offering a unique value proposition, delivering solutions and selling products that customers did not want or know they had a need for.
To be considered you must have strong closing skills, be keen and willing to prospect, work well without supervision, be exceptionally money motivated, be effective at building mutually beneficial business relationships, have honed listening skills, ask relevant, strategic questions, be assertive but not aggressive, with outstanding phone and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of the United States military complex, relevant professional contacts and demonstrable record of selling success are all required.
- College Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A minimum of 5+ years military sales experience required, with at least 3+ years’ experience in Information, Insight & Analytics businesses, with Open Source Intelligence exposure strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales through relevant knowledge, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Proven skills developing and implementing strategies for revenue growth which capitalize on the unique nature of specific environments, leverage partner and other relationships, creatively, without being tied to a specific approach. Appropriately adapt and leverage solutions to consistently win in competitive markets
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time
The Sales Executive role will be to execute sales goals with respect to forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying customer pain, delivering executive point of view dialogue, learning customer decision process, creating and maintaining strategic account plans, maintaining accurate forecast, delivering solution presentations to key customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, proactively managing key customers, creating close plans for forecasted business, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the client’s unique value proposition.
Specific Job Duties:
The Sales Executive will own a specific set of named accounts within AD&S and be responsible for the following:
- Accountability for driving revenue growth across the business line to meet or exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics to focus on increasing account volume, profit and penetration.
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the execution year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to deliver volume commitments.
- Providing forecasting within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all market owners on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan
- Understanding the solution sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Working with Product Management to use customer feedback and analytical insights in the formation of new products/solutions.
- Giving the highest priority to customer satisfaction by maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with and listening to customers.
- Responding to Customer First survey results in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Base Salary Range $70k-$75k
- Commissions $50k OTC potential in first year. Client’s commissions are uncapped.
- Full Health & Benefits Package
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.