In this position the Sales and Risk Consultant (SRC) is responsible for new business development as well as catching and closing new business opportunities with high net worth individuals. Conducts a personal risk management assessment of the prospect’s portfolio and identifies the solutions and placement strategy to address their needs and ensures a seamless transition to the Client Advisor.
- Min 4 years directly related business dev/client service exp
- Experienced in building and maintaining relationships
- P&C licensed required and personal lines exp necessary
- Presents as knowledgable and authentic
- Demonstrated strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with High Net worth individuals
- Experience negotiating with insurance carriers
- RC gathers current coverage information from prospect and evaluates and analyzes, in order to prepare comprehensive risk evaluation to include product and service requirements.
- Delivers individual advice including advantages and disadvantages of the various options and make recommendations during a one on one with prospects and clients.
- Negotiates with multiple insurance carriers to provide comprehensive coverage options for prospect’s proposals, while conforming with laws, regulations and requirements governing the insurance industry.
- Generates referrals from prospects/clients.
- Responsible for meeting new business development goals and forecasting.
- Includes practice specialists, as needed throughout the business development process to best manage prospect’s risk exposure.
- Works with Business Development Executives and Client Advisors as appropriate to grow and expand referral sources.
- Incorporates and regularly practices techniques introduced through Sales Training to continuously enhance skills and related performance.
- Uses Applied to complete funnel and other internal information tracking reports as required.
- Uses the Applied system in an accurate and timely manner to enter and maintain all account information.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
- Reviews and interprets carrier contract language to deliver optimal client coverage recommendations.
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Communication with Impact
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing