Our client is the world’s leading organization fighting anti-Semitism and bigotry and protecting civil rights. Our work has never been more relevant and we are committed to growing in influence, impact and financial support.
The Regional Director (RD) leads all aspects of our DC Regional Office. In this capacity the RD develops and implements the strategies and initiatives which enable our organization to carry out its mission of fighting anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry and intolerance through advocacy, education, coalition building, government relations, communication and media relations, fundraising, leadership cultivation and engagement and relationships with leaders throughout the region. Based in the nation’s capital, the Regional Office is responsible for the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina. The RD leads the staff of the Regional Office and reports directly to the Vice President of Regional Operations in our organization’s National Office in New York City.
- 20+ yrs Management of a large Non-Profit Organization
- Fundraising annual / regional events starting at 10mil (please provide exp)
- Exp. creating a donor strategy growth plan
- Exp. working with a Board of Directors
- Exp. building relations with community / religious / government officials
- Highly Preferred
- Masters in Public Administration
- Previous Management experience with other Jewish Non- Profit Org
Success candidates will include ALL of the must-haves, and be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop, adopt and implement programs shaped by needs of the region and aligned with national priorities in the areas of civil rights, education, anti-Semitism, prejudice, and diversity, hate crimes, extremism and terrorism.
- Responsible for the Washington, DC region’s comprehensive fundraising campaign, including individual, corporate and foundation giving.
- Oversee development of plans and strategy for meeting regional campaign goals, in partnership with the Director of Development (DOD).
- Plan and implement Board and donor engagement and cultivation strategy in cooperation with DOD
- Work with Board to identify, cultivate and recruit new leaders
- Increase understanding of our policies and positions within region and among our leadership and donors.
- Represent the organization at a broad range of public forums and in the media
- Respond to events, issues and incidents related to our mission
- Strengthen and cultivate relationships with government officials, civic, religious and communal leaders, law enforcement executives, leaders in the corporate, non-profit and philanthropic sectors
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, on boarding, development, coaching, performance management and engagement of all staff members in the regional office
- Direct supervision includes DOD, Associate Director, and Office Manager
- Establish specific, measurable, relevant and time-based goals for the regional office and ensure each staff member regularly receives feedback/coaching on performance relative to their goals
- Establish and reinforce a culture within the regional office that is consistent with our organization’s values and supports the office’s strategy and objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to represent complex and diverse issues in an articulate and compelling manner.
- Facility at building personal and professional contacts and coalitions.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Proven diplomatic and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Some legal experience is helpful.
- Ten years prior experience in a leadership role in community relations/community service organization.
- Experience in program development, fundraising, volunteer relations and/or staff management.
- Bachelor’s degree plus additional related college courses or professional training.