This role can be located at one of the client’s offices in Charlottesville or Richmond, VA. Austin or Houston, TX. Salt Lake City, Utah or Denver, CO.
Our client provides education to students via travel excursions. They offer a Smoke Free environment to work out of and discounts on international travel to their employees. We are searching for a Sr. Network Architect to provide the design, oversite, maintenance, and management execution for our corporate network infrastructure involving more than 50 locations across multiple countries and 4 continents. Must have US Citizenship or Green Card Holder to be considered for this role. No exceptions.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Required
- 5+ years of hands on experience with network security technology
- 5+ years of experience configuring, and supporting of enterprise WAN technologies
- 5+ years of experience upgrading and replacing Cisco devices
- 5+ years of experience with converged networking
- B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline is preferred
- Additional Cisco certificates preferred
- Palo Alto firewall experience is a huge plus
- Citrix NetScaler experience is a huge plus
- SilverPeak or SDWAN experience is a plus.
- Linux administration experience is a big plus
- VMWare experience is a plus
- Exchange experience is a plus
Primary responsibilities will consist of overall design, redesign, documentation, configuring implementing and maintaining network devices, performing monitoring and troubleshooting functions, as well as, providing health assessment, capacity and performance metrics to IT management.
- Daily support of the Local, Wireless, and Wide Area Network including (Cisco) switches, routers, and firewalls (Cisco and Palo Alto), load balancers, and Hybrid WAN devices such as CradlePoint
- Implementation, and support of the network security infrastructure including Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls, content filters, VPNs and all layers of network security
- Work closely with InfoSec department to implement network security best practices and policies
- Management of all Site to Site network routing and network shaping policies
- Integration planning and execution for business expansions through natural and acquired growth
- Network capacity monitoring and planning
- Hardware and software lifecycle and patch management of all network equipment
- Proactive infrastructure support
- Management of third-party circuit carrier portals and ticket submission
- Act to resolve internally escalated tickets
- Develop contingency plans to maintain the highest availability or resources
- Work with internal product and third party vendors to resolve issues
- Responsible for generating Root Cause Analysis reports for network incidents
- 25-35% travel to other sites and data centers may be required
- Train and mentor networking administrators
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience with the technology areas outlined below.
- strong knowledge of routing and switch to include DMVPN, HSRP, PBR, IPSEC and BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Experience in configuring and managing VPN, QoS, OTV, firewall policies, and VLANs.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewall and wireless controllers (Cisco 2000/3000/4500/6500 switches, Cisco 1900/2900/3000/7000 series routers, Nexus 9000 series switches, ASA5500 series firewall, Cisco 2500 wireless controller).
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS networks technologies and their support and management operations.
- Experience working with Cisco IOS 14 and 15
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networks, DNS, DHCP, FTP, VoIP, SIP
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, sFTP)
- Experience and detailed technical knowledge in system and network security, authentication and security protocols, and cryptography.
- Experience supporting a multi VLAN and complex DMZ environment.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities (Packet, Protocol, Bandwidth analyzing)
- Flexibility to perform some work outside of normal business hours and on weekends
- Expertise using Visio to produce detailed network documentation
Client offers s a non-smoking company and does not hire smokers
- Salary range from $100,000 – $120,000
- Client offers comprehensive benefits to full-time employees:
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Client offers a casual work environment, allowing employees to wear jeans on a regular basis and shorts in the summertime.
- A generous paid-time-off policy provides employees up to 17 vacation days in their first year plus nine paid holidays.
- They also has the unique ability to offer great travel discounts including those for cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, and amusement parks.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.