Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Credit Representative in their Gilbert, AZ offices. Client is a major wholesaler of industrial products.
This is a fast paced position! The credit reps answer phone calls from a que for 4 out of the 5 days worked. Credit Reps will be taking payments from customers, answering questions about missing invoices, why their orders are on hold, releasing orders and resolving any issues.
The hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., 1 hour for lunch each day and 2, 15 minute breaks. Credit Representative reports to the Credit Manager. To be considered all candidates must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- PC experience is required.
- Minimum of two years of commercial credit/collections experience is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- CRT, PC, Excel experience is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with JDE AS400 System or SAP (preferred)
- Processes orders, addresses past due status, makes collection calls, reviews credit lines, and makes credit decisions based on the guidelines and limits of authority established by management.
- Reconciles customer accounts by resolving any problems that are preventing timely payments. Assists customers who have credit/collection reconciliation problems with their outstanding balance.
- Researches and reconciles miss-applied payments, short paid invoices, credits taken twice, sales tax adjustments to determine possible solutions, and all other disputed balances on open transactions.
- Processes duplicate copies of invoices or credits for accounts at the customer’s request.
- Processes proof of deliveries for UPS, Truck and Direct shipments made to customers.
- Interact with internal personnel (i.e. Customer Service, Sales and Branch Associates) regarding customer inquiries on billing issues.
- Responsible for collection portfolio of approximately 800 customers with balances greater than 30 days old. Daily workflow includes collection calls, reconciling customer problems, following up on open issues, documenting customer notes, providing world-class customer service, handling incoming calls from internal and external customers, and all other assigned daily credit and collection programs.
- Daily call volume varies but is estimated at 60 to 80 calls per day.
- Researches payments/credits that have been miss-applied, applied to similar accounts, short paid, taken twice, etc. Complete adjustment forms for sales tax, freight or sales related issues as required.
- Prepares delinquent and fraudulent accounts to be placed for collection.
- Follows guidelines on collection techniques and procedures established by management.
- Participates in team meetings. Fosters company culture within the credit department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of company’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Salary $35,000
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Interested? If you or someone you know who is qualified for this position please have them send their resume to email@example.com.