This is an exciting opportunity for start-up community. The Unit Manager will assist in leadership at a skilled nursing/ asssited living facility. This is a full-time position and benefits are effective the 1st day of hire. This position would oversee one of the skilled units, 27 residents. The Unit Manager will be responsible for supervising nursing staff, education and wellness initiatives.
- NJ RN Licensure
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in skilled nursing environment
- Candidate must have effective communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Wellness or Education background
- Interdepartmental Teamwork
- Actively demonstrates facility philosophy with staff, residents, families and community with positive attitude and actions.
- Actively demonstrates formulation of organizational standards and policies.
- Plans implements and evaluates change at unit level while maintaining standards of care on unit per facility policy.
- Holds staff accountable for compliance with facility/department and unit rules and policies. Holds nursing staff accountable for providing resident care and pertinent documentation.
- Researches methods of resident care and unit organization; consistently evaluates and revises current clinical practices as indicated.
- Evaluates resident care through assessments, planning, intervention, re-evaluation, documentation, observation and comparison to established standards.
- Provides direct nursing care when needed, administers medication/treatment upon order of a physician; provides proper entry and execution of physician order.
- Provides on-going In-Service and Education to all Direct Care Team Members.
- Oversees Wellness initiatives for the residents of facility.
- Completes MDS timely/accurately and performs all pertinent assessments.
- Controls the counting of narcotics and provide for accurate syringe count.
- Completes daily rounds to assess residents and evaluate the effectiveness of care.
- Meets all deadlines as assigned by DON/Administrator, attends all meetings or programs as directed by DON/Administrator.
- Alerts DON/Administrator to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by DON/Administrator.
- Assists with meal time delivery at one resident meal time daily or as directed by the DON.
- Directly responsible for monthly assessments on each resident.
- Leads the QAPI program.
- Maintains accurate documentation of acuities and reports monthly to the DON.
- On-call every 4 – 6 weekends for staffing/nursing issues.
- Investigates resident occurrences and follows up on computerized occurrence software.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Ethics and – Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.