Our start-up client is needs a Training & Development Specialist to whip their sales and customer service teams in shape. As the Training & Development Specialist (TDS) you will be responsible for delivering training modules and running classes of up to 15 people. You will test employees for readiness, learn new products and services and deliver the information by developing creative teaching techniques. Training will be for both the sales and marketing divisions and general tasks include the development of training materials, guides, and presentations, the evaluation of existing training materials and methods to identify potential for improvement, collaboration with subject matter experts and the management of the organization to research future needs, and the hands-on training of learners.
To be an effective training and development specialist requires an excellent ability to communicate, both in being an attentive listener to trainee questions and in being able to deliver responses that are both accurate and easy to understand. Strong critical thinking skills aid in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of approaches to problems and the viability of various solutions, and in helping trainees develop these skills themselves to get the most out of their experience. Learning new information and applying it to development programs is required to ensure that training schemes are up to date and useful. Knowledge of computers, specifically communicating using computers, is essential.
- BS/BA in Education or Business Administration or equivalent work experience required. Must have a knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to implement these principles into a training curriculum
- Experience in a start-up sales department – highly preferred
- 3+ years previous sales or customer experience preferred
- Experienced in customer service training
- Knowledgeable about existing and emerging training methods/tools
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Comfortable with client facing interaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills; strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to multi-task effectively
- High energy
- Strong PC skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to build rapport and listen attentively to the needs of customers
- Ability to develop employees through positive motivation and training.
- Technically savvy. Proficient knowledge in MS Office programs, Internet browsing, etc.
- Ability to adapt to change and innovation
- Assesses training needs of sales and marketing teams; develops and delivers training materials
- Support development of sales and customer service plans for training
- Interact and report to CEO/CMO & COO on training environment, successes and opportunities for development
- Conducts training classes and utilizes a variety of teaching techniques including role playing; overcoming objections; dealing with gatekeepers; calming down irate customers; creating a warm and positive experience for all customers.
- Teaches sales and customer service techniques.
- Develops and administers knowledge assessment testing
- Recommends and develops recursive training when necessary.
- Interacts with all areas of the business on products and services to ensure current information at all times.
- Provides training to existing employees on new accounts.
- Assists with QA monitoring, feedback, coaching.
- Provides reporting on effectiveness, progress, improvements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Base salary $55k- $65k DOE
- Full Benefits Package
- Annual 3% salary increase
- Holiday and PTO Package
- Two week vacation package
For more information click here to fill out a job application.