Our client has an immediate need for a Sr. Quality Engineer to oversee all aspects of Casting Quality Department and personnel. In this role you must manages departmental resources to support daily manufacturing support as well as programmed growth and continuous improvement initiatives. Client is willing to relocate the right candidate who meets their requirements.
- Aluminum Foundry Experience
- 7+ years of work related experience in a casting environment – Automotive
- Working knowledge of TS16949
- Must be able to be responsible for a customer portal
- 3+ years of Supervision experience
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Six Sigma or like certification
- BS or MS in Metallurgical Engineering/Material Science and Engineering BS in related field of study
- APQP/PFMEA/Control Plan experience
- Lead casting defect problems solving teams to ensure root cause and effective corrective action(s) are identified and implemented
- Ensures cast department products and processes meet all standards and customer requirements
- Support Heat Treatment operation and controls, including disposition/approval of suspect batches.
- Ensures Heat Treating process, includes daily monitoring, SAT, TUS and performs CQ19 self survey.
- Ensures all TS16949 requirements and customer specific requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Ensures the planning and maintenance of Quality Assurance programs directly associated with TS16949 compliance.
- Develops/implements plans to ensure quality levels are maintained at world class levels
- Interfaces directly with current and future customers regarding quality issues including corrective action responses.
- Coordination of PPAP submissions to customers.
- Facilitate PFMEA/Control plan review process.
- Prepares annual capital and operating budget for lab operation and meets approved budget guidelines.
- Responsible for Casting Quality staff development
- Ensures compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- May need to train and supervise Metallurgical technicians in preparing of samples such as polishing, etching, or tensile testing, and designates area of sample where microscopic or macroscopic examination is to be made.
- May need to perform microscopic examinations to determine metallographic characteristics (such as microstructure, porosity, homogeneity, cleanliness, heat treatment, etc.)
- Conduct root cause investigation and analysis for casting defects and prepare/issue technical reports.
- Salary range $75,000 – $105,000
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Relocation package available
For more information click here to fill out a job application.