The Sr. Auditor will perform operational audits, execute testing for Sarbanes Oxley requirements and build business relationships throughout the company. The position will require interaction with key business owners throughout the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent experience.
- 3 – 4 years of auditing, accounting or business experience.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls is required – Please elaborate
- Demonstrated Career progression on resume
- CPA, CIA or MBA is preferred
- Experience using SAP
- Public accounting auditor
- Assists Audit Management with the planning of operational audits (functional areas, distribution centers and branches) including preliminary understandings, developing the test plan and risk ranking the objectives.
- Executes onsite and field operational audits which includes assessing the risks that the functional areas, distribution centers and branches encounter while pursuing their objectives and determines the efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with the controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Assists with the Sarbanes Oxley process which includes planning, communicating and executing the plan over the fiscal year.
- Reports audit findings verbally and in writing to business owners in order to meet the company’s objectives.
- Partner with the business, as appropriate, to provide consultation on internal controls and operational efficiencies.
- Participates in the development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Follows up with functional owners on the implementation of agreed upon improvement opportunities.
- Works with external auditors to support their review.
- Stays current of technological innovations and trends in the internal auditing, accounting and distribution industries.
- Performs review of quarterly financial reports including 10Q/K’s, Press Releases, Analyst Scripts, Proxy and Form 8-K’s.
- Fosters the Company’s Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of Company’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Working knowledge of data analytics is preferred.
- Desire to grow and learn in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with management at all levels, as well as, contacts outside the organization.
- Experience in distribution or inventory management is preferred.
- Strong time and project management skills is required.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time is require
- Salary Range $75,000 – $85,000
- Bonus 10%
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.