Our client is seeking a Senior CAT Modeling Specialist to work at either their Jacksonville, FL or Chicago, IL office to support the property & casualty organization with catastrophe modeling capabilities. The catastrophe modeling results will be used to assist the organization with catastrophe management, measurement, and capacity and will be used in pricing decisions. The Senior CAT Modeling Specialist will analyze the catastrophe modeling results and participate in managing the catastrophe strategy of the organization.
- 5+ years of Catastrophe modeling experience.
- Extensive use of RMS, AIR or other Catastrophe modeling software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), Visual Basic, SQL and SAS
- RMS Certified Catastrophe Risk Analyst or Certified Catastrophe Modeler or demonstrates equivalent knowledge
- CAT modeling background and the ability to help us develop our CAT strategy (from both a pricing and capacity standpoint) (Preferred)
The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing catastrophe modeling exposure data and quantifying catastrophe risk using a commercial catastrophe modeling software
- Maintaining the data preparation process, the development of applicable reports and maintaining procedure documentation, software and environment maintenance
- Expected to understand and interpret model results, along with other data sources, to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Work closely with the Actuarial and Product Management teams of the organization
- Salary range $80,000 – $110,000
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products
- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel
- Full relocation package
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.