Location Preference will be given to candidates to those in Austin, TX, San Jose, CA, or Boston, MA. However, this role can be based in any major US market including Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Fort Worth / Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Charlotte, Baltimore / Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, etc.
This is a software development.
Our client is a Fortune Global 500 company and they are in need of a senior analyst to join its team of market analysts covering enterprise networking. As a Market Analyst, you will provide data analysis and research support to our Industry Analysts in covering technology and market trends, with increasing responsibility for specific technologies and products. This position will focus on researching telecom and data networking equipment manufacturers, service providers, and component manufacturers, as well as consumers and small, medium, and large businesses.
The current research focus areas include video, VoIP, carrier Ethernet, data centers, and cloud infrastructure and services. You will also provide research and analysis support for our service provider financial and subscriber coverage. You will be working with a team of colleagues located across multiple locations in Europe, APAC and the US. The analyst will also be required to do occasional domestic and international travel for research and business development purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, engineering or industry-related fields required; graduate degree is a plus
- 3 years of work experience in the telecom/data networking market
- Telecommunications industry work experience (manufacturer, service provider, analyst, and/or other related parts of the ecosystem)
- An understanding of telecom/data networking technologies, vendors, enterprises, service providers, products, services, and market and technology trends
- Expert analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
- Strong research skills, including experience analyzing public financial reports
- Polished written and oral communication
- Experience with market segmentation and analysis; forecasting experience is a plus
- Experience conducting primary or secondary research using a variety of tools (phone surveys, web, and publicly available documents like financial and regulatory reports)
- Strong Excel experience including an understanding of Excel charts and pivot table creation and use as well as data modeling
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines on a tight schedule
- Experience with tracking service provider financials and subscribers a plus
- Affinity for working in a dynamic team
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful
- Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, in English, in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers around the world, and able to participate in group interactions with colleagues in a multitude of time zones.
- Self-motivation and natural curiosity are essential
- All Candidates must be an US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Conduct primary and secondary research on products, services, vendors, and service providers
- Cultivate a deep understanding of telecom capex and service subscribers
- Develop relationships with product manufacturers and service providers in telecom and datacom markets to facilitate primary research
- Support Industry Analysts in the creation of market size, market forecasts, and market analysis in a variety of telecom and data networking markets
- Write research notes providing regular written opinion for clients on hot topics in this space, including technology shifts, regional and vertical activity, key product announcements, M&As, and more
- Forge and maintain relationships with all players in the ecosystem, including equipment manufacturers, chip and component manufacturers, test and measurement providers, service providers, end-users, and investment analysts
- Speak at conferences and present key data findings to customers
- Forge and maintain relationships with the trade and business press, providing useful data and opinion in publications, raising awareness of our services and brand
- Salary Range $80k – $90k
- Full Benefits Package
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.