Our client has an opening in the Long Island area. The SAP Technical Lead engages with business stakeholders, system implementation partners, and IT team to develop SAP functional and technical solutions covering finance, human resources, procurement, sales, and end-to-end supply chain.
- 8+ years’ of IT experience as a system analyst, architect, designer and/or developer required.
- 5+ years’ recent full development life-cycle exp. of global SAP implementations on SAP ECC 6.0 latest packs (HANA)
- 5+ years’ of experience integrating legacy, SAP ERP and third-party packaged applications required.
- Proven experience leading projects and influencing business, IT and consulting staff is required.
- Ability to cross train and mentor associates on SAP configurations, technologies and tools.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Leverages and applies hands-on experience in systems analysis, development, integration, data analysis, and workflow to configure and develop SAP business solutions that meet operational, performance, and reporting requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the business and IT teams to leverage out-of-the-box SAP functionality, evaluate alternatives, close gaps and challenge the need for RICEFW components.
- Documents SAP design, functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Leads multiple SAP ERP project tracks covering solution and program design, security, and quality aspects of the program.
- Applies SAP and industry best practices, standards and blueprints to accelerate delivery of company ERP program.
- Partners with leadership and project management teams on all assignments with the ability to accurately estimate, track, and schedule tasks and deliverables.
- Provides insight and guidance for day-to-day operations covering issue prioritization, defect management, and break fixes to ensure high reliability and availability of SAP related systems.
- Serves as an advocate throughout the IT organization to promote the effective use of company’s ERP solution, data and technical architecture.
- Maintains, follows, and ensures compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Mentors and influences team members to fully develop SAP technical competencies that will help evolve the SAP center of excellence.
- Acts as a strong liaison across direct and indirect staff on site, offsite and offshore to deliver complex business solutions as well as application management services (AMS).
- Drives the company culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of vision and fulfillment of company’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.