Our client has an immediate opening for a salesperson who has experience in selling safety products. This position will report into the Safety Product Team and will be aligned with their Branch Team, Regional Account Mgr’s (RAMs), Business Development Mgr’s (BDMs), National Account Mgr’s (NAMs) and Market NAM’s (MNAMs) to help close new business and bring safety solutions to customer sites in coordination with the sales team. The position will also coordinate and utilize supplier resources to achieve targeted goals and be focused on the Medium B ($500k – $1.5m potential) and Large ($1.5m – $5m potential) customer segment and accounts.
- 3+ years experience in outside Safety Sales or Safety Product Management
- A High School diploma is required, a Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3+ years experience and knowledge of safety supplies is required.
- Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) certification is preferred and will be required within 6 months of hire.
- Strong customer follow up, organizational skills, & excellent communication skills are required
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines is required
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, and Microsoft Office Programs. (standard verbiage)
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to overnight travel at least 25% may be required
- Up to 20% remote work
- Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) certification
- Experience in the Industrial Distribution industry
- Experience conducting safety and compliance training (example: Fall Protection,
- Respiratory Products, Safety Training, Industrial Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment) is preferred.