Our client is a leading distribution company with a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented environment. This position is responsible for sales and contribution margin growth across assigned large regional account sites and designated corporate headquarters with a minimum annual sales potential of $500,000 to $5 million per year.
This role proactively anticipates business changes and implements additional corporate or regional locations as assigned to meet annual budget. All assigned large regional accounts will be geographically aligned within the organization. Territory for this position is: MD, CT, NY, NJ, DE.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent is required.
- 2+ yrs industrial / manufacturing / distributing sales
- Direct account responsibility is required.
- 2+ yrs exp. in outside sales leading large account
- Experience growing multiple assigned accounts
- Must be able to work remotely 80% of the time
- Must be able to travel 60% of the time
- Must be able to pass background and drug screenings.
- Responsibilities include negotiating regional and corporate account contracts as assigned within their geographical location and growing profitable sales from assigned prospects and existing customers.
- Prepare pricing strategies and financial models forecasting large account performance over life of agreement.
- Communicate financial performance expectations across leadership teams.
- Document and communicate any changes in forecast vs. actual sales on a regular basis across leadership teams.
- Proactively renews accounts without RFP whenever possible. Proactively re-negotiate contracts for non-compliant and our underperforming customers.
- Works with local key account managers and OSA’s to support corporate and large regional account locations as assigned.
- Aligns local and corporate team member’s activities to meet customer strategic initiatives balanced against the needs of company’s shareholders.
- Works closely with local sales leadership teams to align resources and sales efforts.
- Conducts regular large regional and corporate account team meetings with local sales leadership as needed to meet account objectives for profitable growth.
- Establishes clear objectives for each site location and documents progress toward objectives on a regular basis.
- Establishes director level relationships within assigned accounts.
- Maintains established or assigned cadence or call patterns for assigned accounts.
- Anticipates changes in customer behaviors or business needs at a transactional, tactical, strategic, and strategic visionary level.
- Prepares and delivers financial based sales presentations. Prepare and submit proactive unsolicited proposals to drive compliance toward company while aligning with customer business objectives.
- Conducts formal business reviews with assigned accounts on a quarterly basis or as needed. Reviews should be customized to address the latest customer business objectives.
- Implementation timeline(s) should be provided in all business reviews.
- Assure that field support models support customer cost reduction objectives.
- Maintain regular communication with customers and internal associates on progress toward cost reduction objectives.
FOR ACCOUNTS WITH COMPETING MRO SUPPLIERS:
- Specifically identify and communicates company differentiators and value proposition.
- Positions company appropriately within client’s organization and develops clear strategies and deploys tactics to convert business.
PDCA all compliance programs on regular basis.
- Proactively maintain working relationships with field leadership and corporate customer support leadership as necessary to meet customer needs.
- Work with field leadership to customize account coverage as needed to drive compliance to approved forecasted sales thresholds.
- Document and clearly communicate customer service level expectations and or shortfalls with field leadership team.
- Corporate customer support relationships may include legal, supply chain, e-commerce, senior executive, finance, sourcing, data analytics, project management, and implementation teams.
- This role requires excellent communication and negotiation skills to align business goals across functional teams.
- Submits to management all required sales and expense reports in a timely manner. Proactively entertains within assigned accounts were pre-approved.
- Manage travel and entertainment to meet assigned budgets. Utilizes phone, webcast and on-site visits efficiently to establish regular cadence with both the field leadership team and large customer/prospect site locations as assigned.
- On-going regular participation in customer networking events or committees is expected. For example: Safety/EHS, LEED committees, LEAN events, etc.
- Professional development training will be completed in a timely manner as assigned. Examples include presentation, negotiation, SAMA (Strategic Account Management Association), account planning, company supported training, or SFA (SalesForce Automation) training.
- Learns and fosters the company culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of company’s mission.
- Clearly demonstrates can-do attitude toward supporting new initiatives and programs designed to meet customer needs. Proactive problem solving approach as necessary to overcome obstacles for customer compliance, growth and profitability.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Salary Range $100,000 – $120,000
- Performance Bonus – 30%
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.