This position is a sales role that manages existing business, while building a new book of business. This role requires a strong knowledge of metalworking and cutting tools. This position sells company’s products with a focus on both metalworking and MRO related supplies and services.
- 2+ years of outside sales experience
- Associates / Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent is preferred.
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge in the Metalworking Product area
- Broad knowledge of Business to Business Sales
- Valid driver’s licence
- Basic skills in MS Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and with general technology
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time; Occasional overnight travel is also required.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screenings.
- Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
- Previous customer service/sales experience
- A background with documented sales success.
- Sells company products with a focus on both metalworking and MRO related supplies and services.
- Ensure the achievement of individual and company sales and profit goals by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of their sales position.
- Responsible for visiting and interacting with established and prospective customers under general supervision.
- Ability to leverage companys’s Value Basket Offering to Customer base to include Competitive Advantage Program (CAP), Customer Managed Inventory (CMI), and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) other newly introduced inventory solutions and web-based solutions.
- Ensures growth of sales identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of company sales goals.
- Maintains relationships with key metalworking vendors to support growth of their account portfolio.
- Manages to ensure excellent customer relations. Responds to customer needs, consistent with company’s standards, culture, and business practices. Consults with manager to identify and implement solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and company sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for company.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Develops a personal business plan under general management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
- Fosters the company culture in the branch and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of company’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Salary $45k – $60k
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Commission 1: 25% on meeting standard goals (25%)
- Commission 2: is commensurate on exceeding goals (Uncapped)
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.