This mid-level position will be responsible for providing assistance in merchandising and product development for the most effective and competitive market presentation. This role requires excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or the equivalent experience
- Product development experience (Ex: identification of new products, competitive analysis, value to customer, sell price strategy etc.)
- Marketing and advertising campaign development exp. (Ex: catalog layout, web, print media, promotional advertising, supplier interaction)
- Strong written, verbal, negotiation communication skills are required
- Strong time management & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Working knowledge of industrial products (preferred)
- Understands and implements respective product line marketing strategies through all market channels and vehicles.
- Reviews product advertising/modules for all print publications within respective product group(s) to ensure the items are presented clearly to the customer in order to maximize the effect of advertising, grow sales, reduce the need for further questions and minimize credits.
- Works with suppliers, Advertising and Sales, reworking copy, specs, technical information, pix and line art and index entries. Researches and drives future enhancements based on strategy of product line.
- Ensures that catalogs meet quality standards and comply with customer expectations. Performs in-process edits and quality review to ensure consistently high-quality standards.
- Under Managers guidance, analyzes competitor product offerings to identify potential increases to a product line’s profitability, including new skus; pricing; and good, better, best product offering.
- Edits and approves catalog modules/ads in support of New Item Induction.
- In line with the Product Management strategy, evaluates MSC pricing relative to competition and recommends pricing and presentation policies.
- Recommends to Manager potential items/suppliers for SKU expansion opportunities based on existing product performance, consistent with product line strategy.
- Executes the removal of phase-outs from all printed material and identifies viable substitute items.
- Identifies in conjunction with the Product Management Team and Specialty Catalog Managers item and/or testing opportunities.
- Responsible for Big Book module sequencing and flow, and page review for respective product lines, consistent with product line strategy.
- Responsible for formulating field communication for respective product lines, including but not limited to Product and Merchandising Business Guide, notes, updates as they relate to product lines.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Salary range $55,000 – $60,000
- Performance Bonus 7%
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.