This company began offering dynamic, innovative technology company that revolutionized the automotive retail industry since 2001. They are in need of a Manger, Software Engineering as soon as possible.
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for assisting scrum teams in the successful creation and delivery of software products to the marketplace. The Manager is an Engineering leader who effectively guides and builds teams to be successful. He or she works closely with Engineering Leadership and key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company, specifically in regards to the advertising project portfolio, and is responsible for ensuring the morale, productivity, and overall health of the scrum teams continues to improve over time. These teams are responsible for executing on the vision for our platform.
The Manager will be responsible for project oversight, process improvement identification and implementation, risk mitigation, budget management, and hiring.
- Experience with an Agile or SCRUM based methodology
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a time
- Works directly with individual contributors to mentor them
- Exceptional, proven ability to lead and advance software teams
- 6+ yrs leadership exp in software development org, esp Agile environment
In addition to the Must Haves, successful candidates will have:
- Experience with business drivers and how those relate to software delivery
- Effective communicator both verbal and written
- Background in program management in a high growth company
- Experience managing project portfolios
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches
- Ability to create clear goals and foster accountability/ownership
- Skilled in balancing risk with time-to-market objectives
- Works directly with individual contributors to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers
- Optimizes overall team performance, by coaching individual team members
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency
- Plan and execute projects based on the product development pipeline
- Contribute creatively to the product development pipeline
- Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration and productivity
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation
- Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate
- Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching
- Collaboration across multiple business units and functional departments to develop and deploy solutions that address key business initiatives
- Adherence to departmental process and procedure
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service
- Salary Range: $105,000 – $135,000
- Performance Bonus – $15,000 – $25,000
- Signing Bonus is Negotiable
- Relocation – Up to $10,000
- Remote Work – Up to 20% of the time
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Want to apply for this position? Click here to fill out a job application.