The HQ National Account Manager (NAM) will be responsible for driving sales growth. Experience managing transactions from lead-qualification through proposal and successful closure is critical. Ideal candidates must have excellent communication and listening skills. The HQ NAM must be able to strategically produce proactive action plans that increase MSC brand awareness of company products in the all markets. Responsible for sales and contribution margin growth across assigned large accounts with annual sales potential exceeding $500k – $30 million per year. Proactively anticipates business changes and implements new enterprise site locations as assigned to meet annual budget. Portfolio value ranges from $20 million to $50 million. TERRITORY: NY, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Cleveland
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Background in Distribution, Manufaccturing or Industrial Industries
- Experience managing large accounts with sales exceeding $500k-$30 million per year
- 2+ years industrial/manuf./dist. sales experience and outside sales exp.
- Headquarter National account sales and negotiation exp. – Large complex accounts
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills required
- Advanced Excel experience – Formulas, Vlook up, Pivot table
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- RFP experience preferred
- National Contract Negotiation, Implementation experience
- P&L understanding
- Basic knowledge of e-business as it relates to national accounts required
- Presenting to C-level customers
- Responsible to negotiate and renew large enterprise contracts as assigned.
- Prepare detailed financial models forecasting corporate and enterprise large account performance over life of agreement.
- Communicate financial performance expectations across leadership teams.
- Document and communicate any changes in forecast vs. actual sales on a regular basis across leadership teams.
- Proactively renew accounts without RFP whenever possible.
- Renegotiate contracts proactively for any non-compliant and or underperforming customers.
- Works with local Key Account Managers to support corporate and large account locations as assigned.
- Aligns team members’ activities to meet customer strategic initiatives balanced against the needs of company shareholders. Works closely with local sales leadership teams to align resources and sales efforts.
- Conducts regular large enterprise team meetings with local sales leadership as needed to meet account objectives for profitable growth.
- Establishes clear objectives for each site location and documents progress toward objectives on a regular basis.
- Establish executive and director level relationships in assigned accounts. Maintain established or assigned cadence or call patterns in assigned locations. Anticipate changes in customer behaviors or business needs at a strategic level.
- Prepares and deliver financial based sales presentations. Prepare and submit proactive unsolicited proposals to drive compliance toward company while aligning with customer business objectives.
- Conducts customized formal business reviews with assigned accounts on a quarterly basis or as needed to address the latest customer business objectives along with implementation time line(s).
- Assure and maintain that field support models support customer cost reduction objectives
- Develop clear strategies and tactics to convert business for accounts with competing MRO suppliers: specifically identify and communicate company differentiators. PDCA all compliance programs on regular basis.
- Proactively maintain working relationships with field leadership and corporate customer support leadership as necessary to meet customer needs.