The Foundry Manager is responsible for a broad responsibility and leadership for overall operation of multiple value streams, ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement. Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
- Operational leadership experience running an Aluminum Foundry
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of increasing responsibility at a Foundry
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- Toyota Production System experience (Preferred)
- Responsible for developing and managing Supervisors, Team Leaders, Maintenance, production associates, Process Engineering, budgets, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Foundry
- Ownership of Foundry P&L’s including cost analysis and opportunities, product line margin and manufacturing productivity, including die prep, maintenance, production scheduling, engineering, and quality.
- Responsible for long term manufacturing strategies.
- Operational leadership including successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains.
- Meets with the Value Stream Leaders regularly, reflecting on problems, solutions and challenges, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a learning organization.
- Leads the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain, production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off shift management and order shipments. Emphasizes the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and works to level the workload.
- Creates the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream; holding regular team meetings and assigning team member tasks and coordinate support services needed outside the team. Utilizes tracking centers and team improvement boards to ensure results.
- Ensures Value Stream Leaders provide effective cross-training for the Value Stream Associates, including backups from the other areas, to ensure a continuous smooth running Value Stream. This training is the foundation of a culture that stops to fix problems in order to get quality right the first time.
- Works with other departments to develop the future state value stream map and manage the plans to achieve it.