Our client is one of the nation’s largest producers of critical cast-iron components for cars, light trucks, and commercial and agricultural vehicles and has a major stake in the drive to reduce component weight. They are currently looking for an experienced Finishing/ Machine Shop Supervisor.
Ideal Candidates will have a background working at foundries, machine shops or have attended technical schools.
- 5+ years experience in CNC Machine shop
- 3+ years experience in Finishing department
- Excel and basic computer skills
- 5+ Foundry experience
- Able to work in a fast demanding environment (preferred)
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a current Green Card holder
- Responsible for production plan and goals.
- Responsible for maintaining a good employee morale and team environment within department.
- Responsible for maintenance of grinding equipment.
- Work orders are to be filled out and turned into maintenance on any work to be done.
- Directly responsible for process sheets being used on all jobs.
- Directly responsible for setting up standards using the standard tables and changing standards when there has been a change in the dimensions or gating of castings.
- Responsible for the daily and weekend startup and shut down procedures and security of the department.
- Responsible for all reports in the department, to include department production, downtime, and manning reports.
- Responsible for investigation into employee’s accidents, and the completion of the accident reports.
- Complete employee status change form in a timely manner for transfers, pay increases, vacations, disciplinary action, and employee separation from employment.
- Cover in detail the new employee orientation sheet with newly hired employees.
- Achieving the goals as set by the group on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for departmental budget and spending.
- Auditing employee’s performance throughout the shift to insure they are performing within the guidelines.
- Salary range $55,000 – $65,000
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.