As Executive Chef, it will be your primary responsibility to create an amazing experience for customers with cuisine that exceeds their expectations and to provide strong leadership in delivering cost goals and living our vision and values. You will be responsible for delivering culinary standards that live up to our renowned reputation by establishing standards for menu content, ensuring execution of menu content, and establishing and maintaining show quality and presentation standards. You have the ability to think proactively and creatively, have decision making and analytical skills and be effective in written and verbal communication. You are self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, effectively multi-task and drive results. In addition, the Executive Chef should be able to action plan opportunities to ensure location financial success and drive revenue.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in an Executive Chef kitchen capacity and excellent knowledge of current culinary trends
- Ability to know and identify food trends and the Los Angeles market
- Must have a good understanding of cost control, specifically with strong knowledge of food cost and inventories
- Must have Personality but not self-promoting.
- Chef relationships in the market
- Diversity in cooking repertoire
- High volume experience
Ensures great guest service through consistent execution of all menus and recipes, training and accountability of the culinary team in execution. Creates a positive work environment through hiring/selection of employees, maximizing productivity and morale through employee engagement and maintaining appropriate staffing levels per business needs. Assists in developing labor budgets to support the business. Supports both front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house in all business aspects. Guarantees state and company compliance, including but not limited to safety & sanitation standards, purchasing programs and client requirements. Ability to manage these programs independently to company standard. Plan and create menus as needed with regional support and feedback Delivers on financial goals of the operation and overall business. Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation Here is the kind of Executive Chef we are looking for:
- Degree or training in Culinary Arts, Hospitality or related field, or culinary certificate preferred.
- At least two (2) years holding an Executive Chef position. Seven (7) + years of culinary experience.
- High volume, complex food service operations experience Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated. Team builder and ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down.
- Ability to work 60 + hours per week (as needed).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet.
- Salary Range $90,000 – $130,000
- Performance Bonus 19% of annually salary
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Relocation package
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.