Our client is a leading international wholesaler and has an urgent need for a stellar Project Manager who has experience implementing projects with technical components. This role can be based in either Long Island, NY or in the Charlotte area.
- 3+ years experience in project management demonstrating growth in capabilities and responsibilities required.
- 3+ years experience implementing projects with technical components required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to delegate demonstrating strong follow up skills required.
- Up to 20% of the time
- Works directly with the business and IT teams to implement solutions to satisfy various business challenges and objectives.
- Develops project plans including timelines and resource allocation and drives team to adhere to plan.
- Manages scope of work. Recognizes changes in scope and works to control scope.
- Focuses on deliverables and holds team accountable to do the same.
- Manages the triple constraints of scope, budget, and resources.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the methodology and processes for managing projects.
- Accountable for documenting project risks. Identify, quantify and track risks and facilitate the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Provides hands-on project implementation assistance including troubleshooting and resolving process problems.
- Works with functional owners to assign appropriate resources. Manages resources against estimates, skills and resource availability.
- Leads and manages multiple project teams and facilitates effective teamwork among them.
- Responsible for drafting, maintaining and approvals of project documents such as the Charter, Project Plan, Change – – Request and Lessons Learned, etc.
- Responsible for communication of project status to all stake holders on a regular basis. This includes the project team as well as to management.
- Authors internal communications.
- Drives quality control on all implementations while meeting customer expectations.
- Works with team to obtain accurate estimates to proposed solutions and be accountable for same.
- Facilitates brainstorming and confirms that proposed solutions align with expectations.
- Participates in development of new and existing EPMO methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of common software development lifecycles, i.e., Waterfall, Agile.
- Leads implementation and integration of cloud-based, Anything as a Service (XaaS) solutions.
- Manages all aspects of medium to large cross functional IT projects including infrastructure and application development.
- Facilitates build vs. buy analysis and software selection processes.
- Manages system integration projects.
- Manages proof of concept projects for new technologies.
- Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent. Participates in change management process.
- Manages project staff both onsite and remotely.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Supports project milestones (i.e., go-live, etc.) off-hours as appropriate.
- Performs analysis of success factors, to determine the progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Ensures all established schedule, cost, and quality objectives are met.
- Transitions project to operational steady state and functional ownership.
- If applicable, responsible for budget and invoice tracking.
- Salary Range $95,000 – $105,000
- Performance Bonus 8%
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.