Our client provides education to students via travel excursions. They offer a Smoke Free environment to work out of and discounts on international travel to their employees. The Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations provides strategic leadership in the definition and adoption of client’s networks and platforms. This role will be accountable for the evolution of the strategy roadmap and execution of client’s Technology Infrastructure and platforms. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of technical experience in operations and support of large-scale hosting, telephony, and back office platforms and infrastructures, and is skilled in setting and executing the vision and strategy for these areas. The individual has proven experiences in scaling entrepreneurial organizations, through innovation, leadership, and technical expertise. Must have US Citizenship or Green Card Holder to be considered for this role. No exceptions.
- Master’s Degree in Informatics, Information Management, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ yrs performing tasks involving development, implementation, & support of global infrastructure, and services in multiple languages and environments.
- Knowledge of large-scale networking & telephony infrastructures, with Cisco networking, Avaya telephony, and Citrix implementation.
- 5+ years of experience in operating a large-scale global, high available infrastructure
- Proven leadership and team collaboration skills, with good communication, presentation and project management skills
- Ability to work with executives across diverse functional groups and with internal and external technical teams
- Experienced in security-related matters and implementation of security standards, such as PCI DSS
- Experienced in designing, implementing and operating Citrix and MS Exchange back office environment
- Strategic thinker with experience developing a long-term plan and ensuring its execution
- Driven, intelligent and passionate about technology, strong analytical ability
- Experienced in Cloud Computing, Web-Hosting and Content Delivery
- Experienced in designing, implementing and operating mission critical application infrastructure in HA, multi-tier, web & app server farms
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese a huge plus
The Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations role will focus on assuring a high level of scalability, availability, and security of the client’s data and telephony infrastructure in a fast growing environment, as well as monitoring and support through metrics and SLAs. This role reports into the SVP of IT and will work closely with departments throughout the company and external vendors to ensure high-quality delivery in a cost efficient way.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Champion the Technology Infrastructure and Operations organization and lead a team of engineers to deliver strategy, planning, documentation, and processes for Network and Backoffice Platforms Operations and Support
- Lead an effective change management process within the team and with other internal and external groups through metrics, SLAs and continue improvements.
- Make strategic platform business recommendations to the executive team including new features, new technologies, cost-saving strategies, improved processes and resource planning
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure scaling and security architecture and implementation
- Manage the day-to-day help desks and escalation through a holistic, end to end incident management process. Resolution through data analytics and root cause analysis for continue improvement
- Lead key change infrastructure projects and deliver them in time and on budget
- Develop and operationalize the platform infrastructure roadmap. Stay informed of new technology trends and best practices to steer suitable solutions to meet our business needs
- Establish and manage the technical and contractual relationships with 3rd party providers (Datacenter, telephony, etc.) through Platform Operations and Support SLAs
- Set departmental goals and objectives and drive accountability through metrics and process driven results on a monthly basis
- Ensure a collaborative and integrated approach to Product Management, Engineering, IT, Professional Services and the wider organization
Requirements (Not Included Above) Minimum Work Experience:
- Demonstrated experiences with high availability and high redundancy environments across multiple data centers
- Demonstrated experiences with managing third-party vendors
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team in a cooperative, collaborative effort where the ownership of ideas is less important than the result of the collaborative effort.
- Salary range $140,000 – $160,000
- Performance Bonus Annual performance based bonus paid in December
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Relocation package
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.