Our client is in need of an experienced Director of Environmental Services to run their 500 bed hospital in the heart of DC. Client is open to relocating the ideal candidate for this role. All candidates must have US Citizenship or Green Card.
- 5+ years of EVS Director level experience at an acute care hospital
- Director level experience with hospital budget and financials
- 5+ years experience managing a staff of 200 or more
- Director level experience at a hospital with 500 or more beds
- Union staff management experience (preferred)
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
Director of Environmental Services will manage a staff of 10 managers and 4 Assistants. The Director of EVS will be responsible for:
- Department’s financial data and statistics, monitoring of unit expenditures
- Develop and recommend department operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget
- Coordinate housekeeping activities with other departments
- Actively communicate with administration and other hospital departments
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department
- Establish work standards and workflow, Establish and implement policies and procedures for departmental – operations, Encourage and mentor staff creativity and innovation
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives
- Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans
- Read and develop in the Total Quality Management process
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for department staff
- Encourage staff to participate in education programs
- Salary range $100,000 – $120,000
- Performance Bonus 9% of base salary
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
For more information click here to fill out a job application.