One of our favorite clients has asked us to help them find a seasoned Director of Business Development for their Downtown Los Angeles location. They client offers a very inclusive atmosphere similar to a start-up even though they have been in business 75+ years. They are a team of honest and trustworthy people that exhibit sound business ethics. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who has a strong attention to detail, excellent follow-up skills and strong customer service skills.
Ideal candidate will have prior experience in the venture capital, private equity or technology start-up worlds. The ideal candidate with have prior M&A experience and is highly numerate. Must be comfortable working hand in hand with Product Development and Engineering teams to construct first rate business plans including product feature sets, monetization schemes and financial projections. The right individual will also be comfortable leading conversations with prospective ecosystem partners. Said differently, if you’re a ninja with numbers, have a penchant for seeing things others can’t see, and are confident around the c-suite, we want to hire you.
- 4-6 years in software, private equity, M&A, business consulting or venture capital
- Strong technical foundation; engineering or technical background critical
- Successful track record in leading, executing and closing M&A deals
- Experience in the venture capital, private equity or technology start-up worlds
- Ability to travel 60% of the time depending on project
- Able to work up to 20% of time
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- MBA preferred
- Lead the end-to-end creation of business plans and strategies for new ventures
- Capable of deconstructing a market space and teasing out its critical attributes, creating competitive benchmarking and defining “white spaces”
- Works strategically with Product Development, Engineering, Marketing and Operations teams to determine “buy vs. build” trade-offs while providing key business insights
- Very strong communicator who can directly lead conversations with ecosystem partners as well as drive partnership agreements
- Able to cultivate executive-level relationships with high profile companies
- Capable of creating a vetting rubric and effectively assessing partners, acquisitions, etc. against the rubric
- Very comfortable creating complex financial models
- Capable of distilling and communicating complex ideas
- Salary Range $175,000 – $195,000
- Performance Bonus – Will have a set bonus. Then paid out based on company performance.
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Relocation Package
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.