Our client offers a dynamic work environment that encourages critical thinking, engaging and empowering finance leaders to work collaboratively with others outside the finance function, and allowing them to achieve their potential, while still enabling work/life flexibility. Leading the Company’s financial reporting function, this position is a high profile role with significant interaction with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, and other executives.
This position reports to the assistant controller and ideal candidates have experience working at Big 4 financial firms or insurance firms.
- 10+ years of public and private accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting background is required
- Significant experience with risks/controls, particularly in the Sarbanes-Oxley environment
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance
- CPA Required
- Able to travel up to 20%
- Big 4 senior management experience and experience serving in a financial reporting / technical accounting role at a publicly traded company
- Insurance experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Webfilings (wDesk), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and Blackline
- Strong project management skills
The Director of Financial Reporting will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Leading the external reporting process, including the 10-Q/10-K preparation/review, XBRL tagging and analysis, and execution of monthly/quarterly controls.
- Leading the Company’s evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Primary advisor to management and liaison to auditors on complex accounting issues.
- Playing a key leadership role in the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley program, providing critical insights on program structure/function, scoping process, risk identification, and detailed process/control evaluation. Lead task teams on various SOX-related projects, including rationalization efforts, control restructuring, GRC implementation, etc.
- Overseeing the Company’s consolidation process in Hyperion and monthly general ledger activities of certain corporate functions/accounts.
- Strengthening the Company’s accounting processes through the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures. This will involve significant interaction with business and functional leaders, aiding in your understanding of the business and others’ understanding of accounting and controls.
- Participating in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Taking an active role in managing the Accounting/Finance team from an HR perspective, including recruiting quality professionals and developing high-performing teams.
- Salary range $175,000 – $200,000
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.