Our client owns a well-ran under 100 bed facility that is a Joint Commission accredited hospital that serves as a regional referral center. The hospital has earned the distinction of Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for attaining and sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance. They are also recognized as a Mission Lifeline STEMI receiving facility, as well as a Certified Stroke Emergent facility. The area has excellent schools, low crime, averages over 250 days of sunshine a year. They offer a lot of outdoor activities as well as some unique opportunities as well. They are within a few hours of some large cities as well.
The CNO has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and be Licensed Registered Nurse
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
- Client will consider ACNO w/for-profit experience but prefer someone with CNO experience.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered,
- Quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Salary range $100K -$140K yearly with bonus potential
- A long-term incentive plan
- Excellent benefits
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.