Our client provides education to students via travel excursions. They offer a Smoke Free environment to work out of and discounts on international travel to their employees. The Accounting & Controls Manager is a key member of the Corporate finance team reporting to the Director of Accounting who will work closely with key stakeholders to provide technical accounting support, including research and documentation, implement new accounting pronouncements, develop/update and communicate corporate accounting policies and support the financial reporting and consolidation.
In addition, this position will monitor and enhance as appropriate the Company’s internal control policies. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to be considered for this role.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years of accounting and audit experience
- 2+ Experience in evaluating, researching and documenting technical accounting positions
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Big 4 or National/Large Regional firm public accounting experience (preferred)
- Perform technical accounting research, including the documentation and communication of accounting implications.
- Key participant in the evaluation, documentation, communication and implementation of new accounting pronouncements impacting the Company (i.e. revenue recognition and leasing)
- Key contributor in corporate accounting group in maintaining and, where necessary, establishing and documenting effective internal controls and procedures
- Involvement in the purchase accounting, valuation assumptions, and integration of newly acquired companies
- Involvement in the preparation of monthly and quarterly internal financial reporting packages and ensuring compliance with GAAP and the Company’s accounting policies.
- Key contributor in continuous improvement projects. Responsible for actively identifying areas of improvement and recommending action plans.
Client offers s a non-smoking company and does not hire smokers
- Salary range from $75,000 – $85,000
- Client offers comprehensive benefits to full-time employees:
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Client offers a casual work environment, allowing employees to wear jeans on a regular basis and shorts in the summertime.
- A generous paid-time-off policy provides employees up to 17 vacation days in their first year plus nine paid holidays.
- They also has the unique ability to offer great travel discounts including those for cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, and amusement parks.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.