The Network Architect (Senior Data Communications Engineer) will manage network routers, switches, load balancers and related components to ensure the highest level of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position is responsible for architect network solutions, vendor relationship management, serve as the highest-level escalation point for the Data Communications team, and partner with company business associates to establish current and future technology needs.
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder and live in the Long Island, NY or Charlotte Area.
- Demonstrated experience architecting a network system
- 7+ years of hands on experience with LAN and WAN architectures and technologies
- 5+ years supporting and engineering Cisco Nexus line of switches and Cisco ISR and ASR’s
- 5+ years supporting F5 LTM and GTM Load Balancers
- 3+ years supporting Riverbed (or similar network acceleration utilities)
- Able to travel 20% of the time
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Designs, plans and implements data communications networks using the latest technology to prepare for business growth.
- Development and design of highly available, tightly integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant networking systems.
- Researches and evaluates new network communications technologies and makes recommendations to management.
- Designs and Supports F5 LTM and GTM load balancers.
- Monitors network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as a mentor to foster career growth as the staff senior engineer.
- Provides daily support of LAN, WAN, Wireless and E-Commerce Network Infrastructures. This includes: monitoring, administering and troubleshooting to maximize network availability.
- Performs physical setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network devices.
- Work closely with IT Help Desk, Distributed Systems and AS/400 groups to provide 2nd and 3rd level support of network issues.
- Works closely with third party vendors for administrative support for segments ofl MSC routers, switches and cabling infrastructures.
- Updates and documents data communications systems and procedures as required.
- Works as a team member on department and cross functional projects.
- Manages small to large network projects.
- Designs, Implements and supports Cisco Nexus core and distribution LAN Technologies.
- Designs, Implements and supports applications optimization, load balancing and WAN optimization.
- Designs and Implements access switch technologies involving stacking, POE, QOS and Fiber
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- Salary range $110,000 – $125,000 DOE
- Performance Bonus 10% of salary based on individual and company performance
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
If you know someone who is qualified for this position please have them send their resume to email@example.com.