One of our favorite clients has asked us to help them find a General Ledger Accountant for their Downtown Los Angeles location. They client offers a very inclusive atmosphere similar to a start-up even though they have been in business 75+ years. They are a team of honest and trustworthy people that exhibit sound business ethics. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who has a strong attention to detail, excellent follow-up skills and strong customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or combination of degree and work exp.
- Experience with Netsuite
- 5+ years of accounting work exp. with strong theoretical and practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to work across an organization and effectively communicate
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Prepare journal entries to record business transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare, analyze, and reconciles General Ledger accounts – Assist in the preparation of financial statements and external audits
- Assist with credit checks and credit analysis on new and existing customers to ensure credit worthiness
- Follow-up with customers for past due invoices; includes making collection calls, sending bi-monthly statements, providing invoice copies to customers. All customer contact shall be documented in the company’s accounting system (NetSuite)
- Liaison between customers and operations/sales team to resolve pending collection issues and provide information regarding customer accounts
- Update Customer accounts with collections (lockbox deposits, check receipts, credit card payments, etc.)
- Process bank deposits
- Organizing credit applications, resale certificates, and updating new and existing customer records
- Organize electric accounting files in a central location
- Salary range $60,000 – $65,000
- Performance bonus – Quarterly based on company profits. Bonus will be determined at time of hire. Expect it to be about $5,000 annually or $1,250.00 quarterly
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.