As Executive Chef, it will be your primary responsibility to create a difference at a major center for clients with cuisine that exceeds their expectations and to provide strong leadership in delivering cost goals and living our vision and values. You will be responsible for delivering culinary standards that live up to our renowned reputation by establishing standards for menu content, ensuring execution of menu content, and establishing and maintaining show quality and presentation standards. You have the ability to think proactively and creatively, have decision making and analytical skills and be effective in written and verbal communication. You are self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, effectively multi-task and drive results. In addition, the Executive Chef should be able to action plan opportunities to ensure location financial success and drive revenue.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in an Executive Chef kitchen capacity and excellent knowledge of current culinary trends
- Must have experience in a high volume banquet operation, experience in a high volume convention center environment preferred
- Must have a good understanding of cost control, specifically with strong knowledge of food cost and inventories
- Prior work experience in a union work environment highly desirable (preferred)
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Oversee daily operations of the Kitchen department, including the following culinary areas: Banquet Operations, Restaurants Services, and Stewarding
- Responsible for the execution of the Strategic Plan as it relates to all culinary areas
- Develop and prepare menus suitable to each of the aforementioned areas, balancing creativity and guest requests while ensuring leading edge presentation and food quality
- Maintain food and beverage standards through the use of standardized food recipes and safe food handling practices
- Optimize the profitability levels through consistent monitoring of inventory levels, food cost controls and the strategic and innovative promotional initiatives and regular assessment of the food product versus value perceived
- Responsible for monitoring staffing levels and productivity targets with the goal of ensuring a balance between service and profitability
- Responsible for maintaining staffing levels through proactive recruiting
- Ensure that performance management and colleague training/development occurs in a timely and consistent manger
- Participate in the weekly operational meetings, including event review
- Ensure full compliance to operating controls and seek innovative ways to improve performance regularly
- Promote teamwork within the Kitchen department and maintain strong working relationships with all supporting departments
- Ensure all municipal and state laws regarding hygiene and security are respected, as well as ensuring that colleagues adhere to all health and safety requirements
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and is properly maintained
- Actively participates in the convention center Department Head and Operational meetings, holds regular departmental communication meetings
- Salary range $75,000 – $110,000
- Performance Bonus 18% of annually salary
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Relocation package available
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.