Our client has several non-profit skilled nursing facilities throughout NJ and is looking for a strong DON. They are also open to filling this position with a talented ADON. In this role the DON will oversee the nursing care of the skilled nursing residents (around 100). The DON is supported by a strong ADON and Nurse Managers, as well as the executive team.
- Skilled Nursing experience in a long-term care 2+ years in an Assistant Director Role or equivalent
- NJ RN Licensure
- Skilled Nursing experience in a long-term care
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates all nursing services for residents/patients ensuring the highest standard of care.
- Effectively oversees and supervises all nursing personnel to ensure delivery of service is clinically appropriate.
- Maintains expenses within the budget guidelines of nursing services. Prepares budget for Administrator approval.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels within budget guidelines to ensure the highest quality of care delivery. Maintain supplies within budget guidelines to ensure needs are met.
- Monitors with daily rounds to ensure that all nursing services are being delivered in a professional manner according to policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the approval of all admissions meeting clinical criteria for appropriate admission.
- Effectively maintains all medical records pursuant to the laws of New Jersey.
- Provides direct nursing care when necessary.
- Ensures that all personnel involved in providing resident care meet resident rights for all resident/patients.
- Administers and oversees all disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
- Effectively produces annual performance reviews that are accurate and maintained timely with current active credentials for each job requirement.
- Reports and investigates all incidents/accidents per DOH regulations
- Effectively manages and maintains infection control standards, safety regulations, and sanitation standards.
- Effectively maintains an active QI program for the Nursing Department that coordinates with the overall QI program.
- Ensures all State and Federal regulations are met.
- Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by Administrator, attends all meetings/programs as directed by Administrator. Alerts Administrator to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by Administrator.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Salary $95,000 – $105,000
- Performance Bonus – Based on annual goals
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.