Our client is a large healthcare company that is looking for a Director of Facilities to oversee one of their locations in the Los Angeles area. Candidates that have experience managing a team in an acute care setting are highly preferred. Client is willing to offer FULL relocation package for the the right candidate who meets the following qualifications.
- P&L responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Facilities Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ infrastructure experience working in a acute care setting
- Experience managing a P&L
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Experience with The Joint Commission (preferred)
- Director level experience (preferred)
- Plans, organizes, and controls functions and activities of all support services under the scope of the contract
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
- Develops, recommends to Vice President and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies and/or procedures
- Meets with Vice President-Operating Officer, medical, administrative, and supervisory staff, as well as community groups, agencies, contractors, architects, and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate, and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations
- Insures adequate inventories of supplies and approved requisitions for equipment, supplies, etc., as authorized
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, including utilities energy savings program
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports
- Manages and insures compliance with TJC/JCAHO, State Health Department, EPA, DEP, ADA, UST, and other regulatory business appointments
- Performs a variety of supervisory functions
- Assigns work to staff
- Monitors work performance and prepares and/or reviews performance evaluations for assigned personnel
- Schedules and approves vacation and holidays
- Orients new employees and provides on-the-job training to assigned personnel
- Resolve complaints and disciplines employees, as required
- Interviews applicants and recommends qualified individuals for hire
- Informs employees of salient features of facility’s personnel and employee relations programs and answers questions regarding it or refers them to appropriate sources for additional information
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors construction and development of physical facilities
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends approval of plans for construction
- Advises on structural changes and additions and/or modifications to buildings
- Interviews independent contractors to receive and analyze bids, including blueprint analysis of proposed changes
- Submits bids and recommendations to administration for consideration
- Serves as liaison with contractors, architects, engineers, and material and equipment suppliers
- Negotiates with outside vendors for preferred agreements
- Responsible for grounds care and snow removal
- Responsible for in-house fire response team
- Performs other services and duties, as delegated, and serves on a variety of facility committees as required by administration
- Salary range $145,000 – $155,000
- Bonus 9% of base salary
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
- Full Relocation Budget
If you are interested or know someone who is qualified for this position please have them send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.