Our client is looking for an experienced finance director with strong Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting background to oversee the billing process for several skilled nursing facilities in multiple states. This position will work with business office managers and regional directors of finance to assure monthly goals are met, as well as providing training to new staff on accounting processes and procedures, and assist with developing policy and procedures as needed.
Although a CPA is not required, candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting and 5-or-more years direct experience in this field to include: SNF cost report creation and audit background, with prior leadership experience. This position is based in Spokane with minimal overnight travel required. Client will relocate the right candidate and there is room for operational growth.
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business, finance or accounting preferred or more than 5 years direct experience in this field
· Minimum of 5 years of SNF cost reporting and reimbursement
· Minimum of 3 years of responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory positions
· Prior experience in supporting Cost Report Audit and Appeals
· Knowledge of reimbursement systems in other states is a plus
· Bookkeeping/Accounting background is an advantage
· Client relationship development experience required along with the ability to actively maintain those relationships by providing optimum client service.
· Strong analytical, research, organization, and written/verbal communication skills
· Team-oriented but also a self-starter able to work independently
· Ability to coordinate diverse tasks simultaneously within stringent time frames
· Must be detail-oriented
· Quick learner and open to new ideas
· Have a positive attitude
· Nominal periodic overnight travel for out-of–town engagements
· Ability to analyze complex data
· Demonstrated the ability to problem solve
· Experience working with MS Access, Excel, Point Click Care and NTT Data is desirable.
· Oversee and coordinate cost report preparation and completion. This begins with the planning process and culminates with cost report acceptance. It includes data gathering, coordinating with clients, prioritizing and assigning tasks, training of staff, review of cost reports, finalize and shipment of cost reports.
· Oversee and coordinate review of audit adjustments and Medicaid rates and coordinate necessary appeals.
· Oversee and coordinate Medicare bad debt documentation.
· Review Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
· Review and record Medicare analyst activity.
· Maintain activity tracking for all cost reports, appeals, reviews, etc.
· Training and ongoing employee support.
· Maintain current knowledge regarding future reform for Medicare and Medicaid Rules & Regulations
· Assure staff is properly trained
· Maximize appropriate reimbursement for our clients
· Coordinate the monthly accounting cycle to assure goals are met.
· Review monthly and annual financial statements to assure accuracy.
· Implementation of industry specific accounting policies and practices.
· Provide support to complete monthly client accounting.
· Coordinate with new clients to assure expectations are met.
· Represent the company at various business meetings to promote the company.
· Promote positive relations with clients, partners, vendors, and distributors.
· Recommend policies and procedures to enhance operations.
· Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
· Salary based DOE
· Full Health Benefits Package
· Relocation Package Available
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.