Brief Overview: Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
The Sr. Tools Engineer works as part of this Systems team and is responsible for designing and developing the components and platform solutions that help enable our internal and cloud application environments to be scalable, dynamic and reliable platforms for use by Systems Engineers, Development teams and our Guests.
The ideal candidate would be proficient in Java, Ruby or Python, and is also proficient in the operational support for Java applications. An ideal candidate also has a strong working knowledge of Cloud and IT infrastructure. Experience writing code to automate infrastructure tasks is not necessary but considered valuable. Expertise implementing and maintaining enterprise configuration management solutions are also desirable.
• 6 years of experience supporting and/or developing backend tools or services
• Intermediate Ruby, Python, and or other scripting language skills
• Intermediate to advanced Object Oriented Programming skills
• Familiarity with REST APIs
• Experience with NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra
• Expertise with VCS like GitHub, Perforce, SVN
• Exposure to Continuous Deployment mechanisms and integration tools
• Experience with software development lifecycle principals
• Experience in load profiling and test automation via scripting
• Experience deploying infrastructure and applications in Cloud environments (AWS)
• Detailed knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, SSH, DHCP), IP communication, packet structure, load balancing equipment, and troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge Agile/Lean methodologies
• Experience with system analysis and design, construction, and testing
• Ability to effectively engage with and lead cross-functional teams of engineers and developers
• Expertise in designing and engineering operational solutions for supporting web hosting environments
• Experience automating cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services)
• Intermediate to advanced Ruby, Python, and or other scripting language skills
• Advanced Java Programming skills
• Detailed knowledge of core internet protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS)
• Experience designing REST APIs
• Experience with web server platforms including but not limited to Tomcat, Apache
• Advanced Ruby, Python, and or other scripting language skills
• Knowledge of caching technologies and key/value, column stores
• Exposure to configuration management frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CFEngine, etc
• Experience working with Linux Containers
• Expertise in Continuous Deployment mechanisms and integration tools
• Experience working in a DevOps capacity, with Agile methodologies
• Experience in monitoring platforms such as Sensu, Zenoss, Nagios
• Exposure to CDN concepts and providers
• Experience in testing, designing and building virtualized platforms
• Demonstrated expertise in working with business units, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles
Primary responsibilities include evaluation, design, implementation and support for components or solutions developed internally, developed by the open source community, or developed by third parties which are designed to service Internet based applications or environments. This includes custom software implementation, data model design, network and systems design, performance and process improvement, systems automation and documentation.
This position is also responsible for planning and executing small-to-medium scale projects within the Systems Engineering team. Typical projects would include new business unit initiatives and updates to existing products and services that require planning, incredible attention to detail, and flawless execution.