Division: IT/Software Development
Required Education: BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or 3+ years of work on large systems
Hourly Rate: $76.00
Term of Contract: 7 months
Mandatory Requirement: All candidates must be either US Citizens or Green Card Holders.
• 8-10 years of Core Java development experience; 5+ years of JEE programming experience using Spring 3.x and Struts 1.x and other open-source frameworks
• 3+ years developing service-based architectures, using RESTFul web services and JSON/XML
• Solid database skills using MS SQL Server/Oracle; must be able to develop and deconstruct new/existing stored procedures/functions and schemas for enterprise-level applications.Solid understanding of data structures and the ability to develop complex queries SQL
• Solid database skills using NOSQL (mongo) databases
• Deep understanding of ORM solutions like Hibernate
• Experience with test-driven development using JUnit, Mockito, or other similar test frameworks Working knowledge of modern design patterns (e.g. GoF) and implementation of patterns used to encapsulate business logic
• Demonstrates the ability to create design specifications (functional and technical) with proposed technical solutions that meets business or technical requirements.
• Demonstrates ability to understand complex database models and recent experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server database and have experience writing and understanding complex queries and stored procedures.
• Understands common web applications frameworks, and technology, and familiar using Object Oriented languages and methodologies, and common design patterns.
• Demonstrates an ability to meet project milestones and resolving multiple tasks simultaneously
• Capable of crafting solutions which align with java industry standards and best practices, and able to follow Disney standards and guidelines.
• Self-driven and able to perform job duties with little supervision.
Tools – Demonstrated proficiency in the below will be highly regarded:
• Database – SQL Server, or Oracle
• Web application Server – IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat
• IDE – IBM RAD 7, Eclipse
• Source Code Control – SVN, CVS, GIT
• Java Frameworks & Technologies – Struts, Spring, ReST, Hibernate, Web Services, Annotations
Project Management/Business/People Skills
• Capable of interacting with the project resources: technical resources, functional experts, business systems analysts, and business users.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Responsible for effectively managing own time according to agreed-to priorities.
• Able to escalate high-priority issues when necessary
- Developing service-based architectures, using RESTFul web services and JSON/XML: 3 years
- JEE programming: 5 years
- Deep understanding of using front-end technologies including HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, jQuery, and other Ja: 3 years
- Solid database skills using NOSQL (mongo) databases: 2 years
- Core Java Development: 8 years
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.