Division: Food Services/Hospitality Required Education: High School or GED
Hourly Rate: $17.50 Term of Contract: 12 months
Shift: Graveyard 7pm to 3:30pm
The Culinary Floor Lead will assist the Culinary Leadership team in leading the daily operations for the Culinary program. This position will be responsible for understanding, practicing, and maintaining, local health code regulations as well as Culinary program standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position also leads employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Performs quality audits to ensure operational standards are met
- Responsible for building and maintaining rapport with staff
- Supervises and direct workflow to ensure operational excellence and efficiency
- Supervise staff conduct by promoting and maintaining basic courtesies expectations
- Supervises the adherence to proper uniform standards in accordance with Tesla employee guidelines
- Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Role models expected behavior by maintaining an upbeat, friendly, professional demeanor at all times
- Assists in providing a positive team atmosphere by communicating unprofessional behaviors and actions to the Culinary Leadership team.
- Ensures that cafs meet the standards set forth by the Culinary Supervisor, as well as oversees the daily appearance and upkeep of the Cafs
- Plans for peak times by being aware of shift break times and allocating labor as needed
- Ensures breaks are being taken in accordance with California meal period policies.
- Trains new team members with honest, positive, encouraging feedback. Provides in-the-moment coaching in a professional and constructive manner as needed.
- Provides superb service to all employees by acknowledging and greeting every employee in a friendly and welcoming manner and addressing employee concerns in a friendly and service oriented manner
- Adheres to all Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations
- Develops and maintains rapport with key company leadership
- Supervise Inventory set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Adhere to F.I.F.O. principles when stocking inventory
- Oversees and supports employee development
- Reports accidents, injuries, unsafe work conditions food borne illness incidents for customers and/or staff accurately and in a timely manner to the Caf Supervisor
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by the Caf Supervisor
- Supervises proper employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in certain areas
- Supports special event requests by ensuring proper execution, adherence to visual presentation standards, and appropriately allocating labor to support
- California Food-Handlers Card
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Clean background check
- 3 or more years of retail or customer service based experience
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Experience with word editing and spreadsheet software
- Catering experience is preferred
- Excellent attendance and reliability.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond to ambiguity in a positive and effective manner
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to embrace new information and learn quickly
- Must have excellent verbal and written English skills
- Must be available to work overtime, including weekends, evenings, and special events as needed
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.