All candidates must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder to be considered.
This role reports into the Director of the Technology Sourcing and Procurement team of the organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a large number of Telecom vendors and their contracts, being the lead sourcing person on RFX projects and being the internal go to person for current research and market information with respect to the Telecom Category.
- 7 years of sourcing or related experience, with at least three years supporting the sourcing of professional and/or staff supplementation services, including conducting direct supplier negotiations.
- Experience in a leading analytical and/or sourcing role for at least one outsourcing or managed services agreements involving infrastructure management, application development and/or maintenance, network services, end-user computing, help desk services, and/or IT security.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform detailed quantitative analysis in MS Excel
- Strong project management experience
- Relies on experience and judgement to achieve goals.
- Leading or supporting cross-functional teams through full life-cycle sourcing projects including project planning & management, analysis & strategy, supplier evaluation & selection, negotiation, and ongoing supplier relationship management
- Creating and delivering compelling quantitative analyses and solution-focused presentations that influence key decision-makers
- Nurturing stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business needs and providing sourcing services, both strategic and tactical, that exceed their expectations
- Fostering a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other supporting teams (e.g., Legal, Finance, Segment-specific Sourcing teams, etc.)
- Mentoring less-experienced staff and driving internal capability development
Category Manager will:
• be primarily accountable for supporting the sourcing of infrastructure and application-related managed IT services (i.e., outsourcing agreements).
• serve as a point of contact for key stakeholders up to the EVP/SVP level across multiple business segments, and will be expected to work on a day-to-day basis with project team members at the levels of VP, Director, Manager and below.
• be accountable for sourcing an annualized contract value of ~$250M, primarily among approximately one dozen suppliers.
• be responsible for helping drive compliance with internal policies and procedures, and mitigate risk. This position will interface with multiple levels of leadership and contributors across multiple segments of comp. It is important for this position to nurture relationships across the stakeholder and supplier communities.
Lead and/or support cross-functional teams of stakeholders through full life-cycle sourcing projects, including project planning & management, analysis & strategy, supplier evaluation & selection, negotiation, and supplier relationship management. Specifically, with respect to telecommunications initiatives, this may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Partner with stakeholders and their chosen third-party support staff, if applicable, to lead and manage the end-to-end sourcing process
• Maintain and utilize suitable RFP templates that provide ample, clear direction to suppliers and can be easily repurposed for future sourcing efforts
• Advise and guide stakeholders throughout the supplier evaluation, due diligence and down-select process, including making down-select recommendations to stakeholders, based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of supplier responses
• Collaborate in defining and then deliver messages to suppliers about potential improvements in their proposals, as well as timing and logistics; respond to supplier questions and requests, in partnership with business, financial, and legal stakeholders
• Assist with the due diligence process by making recommendations for supplier reference checks and coordinating site visits with suppliers
• In partnership with stakeholders, assist in the drafting, negotiation, and finalization of contract exhibits and any related attachments with suppliers
• Work closely with corporate legal, security and privacy to tag team in the negotiation of contract terms, orchestrating the sourcing process to satisfy their interests as well as that of the business in a timely manner.
• Provide post-contract support as requested by stakeholders.
• Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing services, both strategic and tactical, that meet or exceed their expectations. Foster a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other sourcing teams. Maintain strong relationships across various
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.