The Client Advisor Manager has overall responsibility for the team’s client retention and maximum growth on the existing book of business. This position ensures the achievement of superior client service and directs the overall performance of Client Advisors in the office by providing day-to-day management and coaching.
This position is responsible for overall management of personal insurance programs for high net worth individuals. He/she will negotiate rates with top insurance carriers. These are wealthy clients that may require complex coverages. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, confident, outgoing, personable without being arrogant or too sales-y.
Must earn the trust and respect of the clients and gain additional referrals, while building strong relationships with our insurance partners. Must be comfortable presenting to clients who are very successful in business or entertainment. Will be responsible for generating additional revenue through cross selling existing clients and sourcing at least one new client each quarter.
- 6 years leadership experience with managing a team
- Brokerage or underwriting experience
- Great presentation skills to clients
- Bachelors degree
- Someone who has been responsible for performance reviews
- Priviate client services background or HNW experience (highly preferred)
- Monitors overall client satisfaction and ensures appropriate level of service delivery. Oversees the Client Advisory process and monitors adherence to procedures and guidelines.
- Develops service strategies to ensure client’s needs and expectations are met.
- Participates in Client Advisory review process and meetings for large clients.
- Assists in resolving complex client or underwriting issues.
- Working closely with SRC & BDE assigns clients to appropriate
- Client Advisors based on set standards, client complexity, and skills and experience of individual colleagues.
- Develops and supports adoption of practices to improve quality and consistency in the client experience.
- Develops and maintains relationships with sales team, clients, carriers, and MMC partners
- Identify, develop and nurture new and existing COI relationships
- Drives focus on a client-focused sales and servicing environment.
- Sets referral, new business and cross-selling goals for Client Advisors and monitors achievement of these goals.
- Overseas Client Advisor business plan development. Guides and supports client advisors with business plan implementation and adjustments (as necessary)
- Manages accurate monthly team forecasting
- Articulates a clear purpose/vision for the team that motivates colleagues and guides their actions/decision-making
- Directly manages the Client Advisors and Insurance Assistant within the office.
- Responsible for hiring/training/on boarding of new hires.
- Support a continuous learning culture for all direct reports and seek on-going training opportunities for direct reports.
- Sets goals for staff and provides on going high quality feedback and coaching
- Conduct performance reviews and participate in compensation evaluation and discussion.
- Ensures that all professional standards and guidelines are being met
- Builds talent pool/bench strength by identifying high performing colleagues and working collaboratively with each colleague to craft a tailored Professional Development plan
- Actively manages underperformers
- Shares relevant information with the staff to ensure goal achievement and uses Applied reports to monitor progress towards goals. Measure progress against goal utilizing reports available in Applied.
- Direct involvement in day-to-day matters through observance and maintaining visibility and accessibility for staff.
- Directs and manages client assignments
- Ensures proactive consultation to clients on a regular basis.
- Effectively manages weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Ensures all billing is being managed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all workflow, process and procedures are followed.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures, e.g. transparency training.
- Works with Zone Client Services Manager and PCS Compliance team as necessary
Knowledge and skills:
Knowledge of insurance products and industry a plus.
Must be highly proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows-based environment, including MS Office; experience using customer or contact relationship management software strongly preferred, knowledge of Applied is ideal, experience with social media a plus. Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
- Salary Range $110,000 – $130,000
- Bonus: 10%
- Medical Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- Vision Ins.
- Life Ins.
Want to apply? Click here to fill out a job application.